There are three airports that serve our area:
- San Francisco International (SFO): international airport in South San Francisco
- Oakland International Airport (OAK): international airport in Oakland
- Sonoma County Airport (STS): local airport in Santa Rosa; must have a connecting flight from an international airport in the U.S.
The best way to get to Santa Rosa from either SFO or OAK airport is the Sonoma County Airport Express. The shuttle is comfortable, accomodates all your luggage, and has Wi-Fi and restrooms on board. It costs around $35 and will take approximately two hours to get to Santa Rosa. You'll want to purchase your ticket online in advance, or bring exact cash to pay for your ticket on the bus. They will check your tickets at the Petaluma station. You will ride the shuttle to the Santa Rosa Park & Ride station, where you can order a Lyft or Uber to take you to SRJC, or the shuttle driver can call a taxi for you.
If you do not wish to take the shuttle, you can hire private transportation. There are transport/limousine companies that will pick you up at the airport and deliver you directly to your hotel or final destination. The fees for this service range in price from $200 to $235 USD. Please visit their websites for more information:
- Pure Luxury Transportation: www.pureluxury.com/bay-area-airport-transportation/
- Napa Shuttle & Limousine: www.napashuttlelimousine.com/
Once you arrive in Santa Rosa, you may need to stay in a hotel temporarily, until you find housing. You can read more about housing in our Housing Guide.
Hotels near Santa Rosa Junior College
College /Mendocino Ave
100 Fountaingrove Parkway
The Sandman Hotel
3421 Cleveland Avenue