Applying to Santa Rosa Junior College is easy!
How to Apply:
Complete the online application for international students
Submit the Guarantee of Financial Support form with evidence of funding
Submit the required supporting documents online:
- Proof of English Proficiency (see requirements below)
- Copy of your passport
- If you are under 18, provide a copy of your high school diploma or unofficial transcripts with coursework listed in progress
Submit your application by the deadline for the term you wish to begin your studies. Once your application and supporting documents are received, you will receive an admissions decision within 1-3 business days. If admitted, SRJC will issue you a SEVIS Form I-20 form and acceptance letter, along with further instructions on how to apply for the F-1 student visa. You must take this form to the American Embassy or Consulate in your country to apply for the F-1 Student visa. Visa processing times may vary, so allow enough time to obtain the visa and make travel arrangements. You must arrive at SRJC by the Program Start Date listed on your Form I-20. You may enter the U.S. up to 30 days prior to this date.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Evidence of Funding
Prospective F-1 students must provide proof that they have the financial resources to live and study in the U.S. for the first year of their program. Evidence of financial support may include bank statements or scholarship letters. The evidence of funding is a federal requirement in order for SRJC to issue you a Form I-20. A complete list of fees can be found on our website. The tuition amount is based on a minimum of 12 units per semester required for students to maintain legal F-1 Visa status. Many students typically enroll in more than 12 units. Actual tuition expenses may be slightly higher.
Proof of English Proficiency
Prospective F-1 students must also demonstrate their English language abilities. This is another federal requirement in order for SRJC to issue you a Form I-20. SRJC will accept any of the following tests or language programs as proof of English proficiency:
|Exam/Language Program||Minimum Score/Level|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||65 (iBT)|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||6.0 Band Score|
|Pearsons PTE Academic||46|
|Global Test of English Communication (GTEC)||1100|
|ELS Language Schools||Level 109|
|Sonoma State American Language Institute (SSALI)||Level 500|
No TOEFL or IELTS score?
No problem! Santa Rosa Junior College has partnered with ELS Language Centers to provide all levels of English as a Foreign Language instruction in an intensive format on the SRJC campus. If your goal is to attend Santa Rosa Junior College, but you haven’t met the English Language Proficiency requirement, you can attend ELS first on the SRJC Santa Rosa Campus. Avoid taking a TOEFL/IELTS test by completing ELS level 109 and then transferring directly into an academic program at SRJC.
English proficiency can also be demonstrated by meeting one of the following conditions instead of demonstrating a TOEFL or an IELTS score:
- Earned a high school diploma, or studied for a minimum of 3 years and attained a grade of "C" or better in English in one of the English speaking countries (U.S., U.K., Canada and Australia).
- Earned a high school diploma in an International School or similar, where English is the primary language of instruction. You must submit school transcripts and other documentation, such as a letter on school's letterhead, stating that English was the primary language of instruction.
- Completed all years of study in a school in Singapore with grades of “C” or higher.
- Completed all years of study in a school in Scandinavian countries and received grades of "VG" or "MVG" in English A and B.
- Completed college-level English classes at a U.S. college or university with grades of “C” or higher. You must provide an unofficial transcript to receive this waiver.
- Received a degree from a college or university in the U.S., the U.K., Canada or Australia. You must provide an official transcript to receive this waiver.