Health Insurance is Mandatory
All international students are required to purchase SRJC's mandatory health insurance plan. You will be automatically enrolled in this policy when you register for classes and automatically billed along with your tuition fees. The cost of the plan is approximately $1500 USD per year. You will be billed in two installments: one for the Fall semester (August 1 through December 31), and one for the Spring/Summer period (January 1 through July 31). The insurance fee must be paid to SRJC before the beginning of each semester.
The chosen insurance provider is GeoBlue - a licensee of the Blue Cross/Blueshield Association. Visit the GeoBlue website for more information.We believe this plan offers you the best possible medical coverage at the best possible price. Some of the plan highlights include:
- Students can choose from a large number of healthcare providers in our local area.
- Policy provides excellent benefits, including a generous maximum of $250,000 per condition per year and 90% coverage for most doctor and clinic/hospital services within network.
- The policy has no co-payment if you first seek medical help from the SRJC Student Health Services office. If needed, you will be referred to see a doctor, and there will be no co-payment for the doctor visit.
Once you arrive at SRJC, please stop by Admissions & Records in Plover Hall to pick up your insurance card. Or, you may print your insurance card from GeoBlu’s website. To register for an online account:
- Go to www.geobluestudents.com
- Click “Log In or Register”, then click “For Students/Members”, then click “Register Now”
- Enter your “Certificate Number” (see the email from GeoBlue), Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY), First Name, Last Name, then click “Submit”
- In the Member Hub screen (If this screen does not open, you can chose from the options on the top left of the page), click “My Plan”, then click “Print ID Card”
If you are experiencing an emergency on-campus, call SRJC District Police at 707-527-1000
If your are experiencing an emergency off-campus, DIAL 911
More information about Campus Safety can be found on the SRJC District Police website.
Health Insurance Resources
- Health Plan Snapshot
- How to Use Your Health Plan
- GeoBlue Insurance Website
- Monthly Enrollment Form
- Optional Enrollment Form
- Term Review
- SRJC International Student Insurance Plan
- Healthcare Resources Flyer
- Supplemental Plans for Dental and Vision
- Overview of the U.S. Healthcare System for International Students
- Sexual Assault Awareness Video
- Mental Health Awareness Video
Mental Health Services
Psychological Emergency Services
- Sonoma County Mental Health Emergency Services: 1-800-870-8786 or 707-565-6900
- 24-Hour Crisis Stabilization Unit: 707-576-8181, 2225 Challenger Way, Santa Rosa 95407
- 24-Hour Northbay Suicide Prevention Hotline: 855-587-6373
- Crisis Text Line: Text the word “courage” to 741741 or go to facebook.com/crisistextline
SRJC Psychological Services
- Santa Rosa: Plover Hall RM 559 hrs: Mondays-Thursdays 8 am-5 pm & Friday 8-12
- Petaluma: CALL Bldg. RM 610 hrs: Mondays-Wednesdays hrs vary, call 707-778-3919
Physical Health Services
Emergency Rooms (GEO BLUE covers ER visit minus $100 co-pay)
- Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital: 707-525-5300, 1165 Montgomery Dr., Santa Rosa, 95495 http://www.stjoesonoma.org/Our-Services/Emergency-Services/
- Sutter Hospital Santa Rosa: 707-576-4040, Mark West Spring Road, Santa Rosa, 95403 http://www.suttersantarosa.org/services/directory.html
- Petaluma Valley Hospital: 707-778-1111, 400 N McDowell, Petaluma, 94954 http://www.stjoesonoma.org/About-Us/Our-Locations/Petaluma-Valley-Hospital.aspx
- Healdsburg Hospital: 707-431-6500, 1375 University Ave., Healdsburg, 95448 http://healdsburgdistricthospital.org/Contact.html
- Sonoma Valley Hospital: 707-935-5000, 347 Andrieux St., Sonoma, 95476 http://www.svh.com/emergency-care/
Urgent Care Facilities (GEO BLUE covers minus $20 co-pay)
- Santa Rosa: St. Joseph Urgent Care, 925 Corporate Center Parkway, Suite A, 95407 https://www.stjosephhealth.org/
- Santa Rosa: Annadel Medical Group After Hours (starts at 5 pm) - 510 Doyle Park Drive, Suite #102, 95405 707-303-1712
- Santa Rosa: Sutter Urgent Care; 3883 Airway Drive, Santa Rosa, 95403
- Rohnert Park: St. Joseph Urgent Care, 1450 Medical Center Dr., 94928, 707-584-0672 https://www.stjoesonoma.org/our-services/urgent-care/rohnert-park/
- Windsor: St. Joseph Urgent Care, 6580 Hembree Lane, Suite #270, 95492, 707-838-2044 https://www.stjosephhealth.org/our-locations/
- Northbay Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-855-587-6373 http://www.sonoma-county.org/health/topics/suicideprevention.asp
- Rape Crisis Hotline (Verity): 707-545-7273 http://www.ourverity.org/immediate-help/
- Poison Control: 1-800-222-1222 https://aapcc.org/
Primary Care Options through GEO BLUE
- Sutter Pacific Health Family Practice - quickest access for new patients are:
- Jill Rushton Miller, MD - 34 Mark West Spring Road, Santa Rosa, 707-473-5240
- Jennifer T. Lee, MD - 3883 Airway Dr., Suite #202, Santa Rosa, 707-521-7777
- Karina Silva Atkinson, MD - 131B Stony Circle, Suite #1600, Santa Rosa, 707-541-7700
- Annadel Medical Group - 500 Doyle Park Dr., Suite #303, Santa Rosa, Call 707-303-8300 – they have doctors taking new patients.
- Spring Creek Family Practice - 1144 Sonoma Ave, Suite #119, Santa Rosa, 707-544-3811
- James Trapnell, MD – You can usually see the doctor in 3-7 days
- William Markoff, MD – You can usually see the doctor in 3-7 days
- Rohnert Park: Margo V. Budman, MD, 5300 Snyder Lane, 707-585-8347
- Petaluma: Nikola Y. Lozanov, MD, 108 Lynch Blvd, Suite #4, 707-782-1244; James F. Leoni, MD, 104 Lynch Creek Way, Suite #10, 707-782-9123
Immunizations are not covered by GEO BLUE. Come to Student Health Services. We will help you find the cheapest place to get required immunizations.
Most specialty care is covered by GEO BLUE. You should come to Student Health Services first to be referred. The co-pay will be waived if you come for the referral form from SHS.
- Redwood Family Dermatology, 2725 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, 707-545-4537
- Jeffrey Sugarman, MD
- Santa Rosa Dermatology, 864 2nd St., Santa Rosa, 707-542-5664
- Makala R. Anders, MD
- NorCal Dermatology & Cosmetic, 1111 Sonoma Ave., Santa Rosa, 707-527-9517
- Khanh T. Truong, MD
We have Reproductive Health Services here at Student Health Services. Come to us first. If you need more than what we can provide, we will refer you out.
- NCMA Women’s OB/GYN Center, 500 Doyle Park Dr., Suite #103, Santa Rosa, 95405 707-579-1102
- Lela Emad, MD; Susan C. Logan, MD; Amita Kachru, MD; and others.
- Sutter Health, 34 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa, 707-541-7900
- Ashley Weinert, MD; Jeannie Pflum, MD; Anna Buchsbaum, MD; and others.
Gastroenterology, Neurology, Orthopedists, Cardiologists and other specialty practices, GEO BLUE will cover this. Come to Student Health Services first for a referral.
Chiropractors, Acupuncture, Physical Therapy
GeoBlue insurance will cover these services with a referral from Student Health Services at SRJC.
- Soul Shine Family Chiropractic (recommended by several past students) 440 S E Street, Santa Rosa, 707-525-9950
- Dr. Matthew Mutch, DC and Dr. Bria Iacini, DC
- Thrive Acupuncture and Wellness, 3412 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, 707-527-0868
- Christina Ness-Hawks, Lac, Dipl OM, MSTCM
For Physical Therapy - you need to come to Student Health first / or a Primary Care / or an Orthopedist for a specific Physical Therapy order.
Dental & Vision
GeoBlue DOES NOT cover dental and vision care. There are several low-cost options to get dental and vision services in Sonoma County, listed below.
Here is a website for listing of low cost dental insurance plans: https://www.ehealthinsurance.com/dental-insurance
We have gathered a list of local dentists who see our International Students. Some of their offices work out payment plans:
- Randy Nguyen, DDS, 707-527-8700 or http://www.randynguyendds.com/. He has two locations:
- 526 College Ave., Santa Rosa, 95404
- 3850 Montgomery Dr., Santa Rosa, 95403
- Bring your SRJC ID card.
- They will work out payment plans with you, if you have a credit card they can bill for the payments.
- Office Special: Exam, x-rays, cleaning, and treatment plan for $75 cash.
- They may possibly discount some services for International student - SRJC Nurse Practitioner needs to call to discuss.
- Arrive early or on time, they will not see you if you are over 5 minutes late.
- They require 24-hour notice to cancel appointment.
- CareCredit credit card accepted.
- Santa Fe Dental Group, 707-536-3685 ext. 1 or https://www.santafedental.com/ Jorge Vasquez-Garcia, DDS
- 750 Stony Point Road, Suite A-130, Santa Rosa, 95407
- Santa Rosa and Petaluma locations. The Office Manager may be able to split the bill into multiple payments on a case-by-case basis.
- CareCredit credit card accepted.
- Alin N. Chera, DDS, 707-542-2676 or http://www.sonomacountysmiles.com/
- 838 Second St, Santa Rosa, 95404
- Office Manager may split bill into 2-4 payments on a case by case basis.
- CareCredit credit card is accepted.
- Vineyard Dental Group, 707-545-0944 or https://www.vineyarddentalgroup.com/
- 90-A Doctors Park Drive, Santa Rosa, 95405
- A SRJC Nurse Practitioner calls in advance for the student, they MAY be willing to work out a payment plan.
- $125 for limited exam. X-rays are extra OR could be done at SRJC Dental Clinic (less expensive at SRJC).
- CareCredit credit card accepted.
- Gentle Dental Santa Rosa, 707-629-4036
- 1421 Guerneville Road, Suite #102, Santa Rosa, 95403
- No payment plans
- CareCredit credit card accepted.
For Wisdom teeth issues, come to Student Health Services first.
For oral facial surgery: UCSF Dental Clinic-Parnassus has low cost services. Call 415-476-1891 or go to https://www.ucsfdentalcenter.org/new-patients to book an appointment. The dental clinic is located at 707 Parnassus Avenue, Suite D-4000, San Francisco, 94143. Emergency dental care is first come, first serve basis.
Optometry Care is not covered by GEO BLUE. Here are some places in the area with lower costs for vision exams and glasses or contacts:
- Costco - Santa Rosa, 1900 Santa Rosa Ave, Santa Rosa, 707-570-2418, Bradley I. Hall, OD, PC,
- $54 for exam / $84 dilation / $96 for contacts
- You do not need to be a Costco Member
- Costco-Optical Department has low cost lenses / frames, 707-587-7497
- Target Optical, 950 Coddingtown Center, Santa Rosa, 707-528-3876
- $68 for exam / $113 for exam and new contacts
- Low cost lenses, frames and contacts
- Walmart Optometry, 6650 Hembree Lane, Windsor, 707-838-0185
- $58 for exam / $89 for exam and glasses
If you are having more of a medical issue with your eyes (example: blurriness, floaters, or other issues) that require an Ophthalmologist, come to Student Health Services for referral / guidance.