Health Insurance Requirements
All international students are required to purchase SRJC's mandatory health insurance plan.** You will be automatically enrolled in this policy when you register for classes and automatically billed along with your tuition fees. The cost of the plan is approximately $1500 USD per year. You will be billed in two installments: one for the Fall semester (August 1 through December 31), and one for the Spring/Summer period (January 1 through July 31). The insurance fee must be paid to SRJC before the beginning of each semester.
**Includes students on a Medical RCL of zero units and students seeking reinstatement to F-1 student status. Optional enrollment available for F-2 dependents, students on post-completion OPT authorization, and student athletes admitted for fall who arrive before August 1st for tryouts.
The chosen insurance provider is GeoBlue (a licensee of the Blue Cross/Blueshield Association) and is brokered by Relation Insurance Services. Visit the Relation Insurance website for more information. We believe this plan offers you the best possible medical coverage at the best possible price. Some of the plan highlights include:
- Students can choose from a large number of healthcare providers in our local area.
- The policy provides excellent benefits, including a generous maximum of $250,000 per condition per year and 90% coverage for most doctor and clinic/hospital services within network.
- The policy has no co-payment if you first seek medical help from the SRJC Student Health Services office. If needed, you will be referred to see a doctor, and there will be no co-payment for the doctor visit.
Proof of Insurance Coverage
Once you arrive at SRJC, please email Tina Lowe to request a laminated copy of your insurance card. Or, you may print your insurance card from GeoBlue’s website. To register for an online account:
- Go to www.geobluestudents.com
- Click “Log In or Register,” then click “For Students/Members,” then click “Register Now”
- Enter your “Certificate Number” (see the email from GeoBlue), Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY), First Name, Last Name, then click “Submit”
- In the Member Hub screen (If this screen does not open, you can chose from the options on the top left of the page), click “My Plan”, then click “Print ID Card”
- 2021-2022 Plan Snapshot (including rates)
- 2021-2022 Using Your Insurance
- 2020-2021 Plan Snapshot (including rates)
- 2020-2021 Using Your Insurance
- Member Portal (login here)
- *NEW* TeleMD
- *NEW* Global Wellness Assist
- Monthly Enrollment Form
- Dependent Enrollment Form
- OPT Enrollment Form
- Supplemental Plans for Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Resources Flyer
- Video: Overview of the U.S. Healthcare System for International Students
- Video: Sexual Assault Awareness
- Video: Mental Health Awareness
If you are experiencing a medical emergency on-campus, call SRJC District Police at 707-527-1000
If your are experiencing an emergency off-campus, DIAL 911
More information about Campus Safety can be found on the SRJC District Police website.
If you are experiencing an illness or injury that is NOT life-threatening, you should go to an Urgent Care Facility. Emergency Rooms are for patients with life-threatening health concerns.
Urgent Care Facilities (Covered by GeoBlue, $20 co-pay)
- St. Joseph Urgent Care:
- St. Joseph After Hours Care: (After 5pm)
- Sutter Health Urgent Care: Call (707) 521-4495, 3883 Airway Drive, 95403
Emergency Rooms (Covered by GeoBlue, $100 co-pay)
- Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital: (707) 525-5300, 1165 Montgomery Drive, Santa Rosa, 95495
- Sutter Hospital Santa Rosa: (707) 576-4040, Mark West Spring Road, Santa Rosa, 95403
- Petaluma Valley Hospital: (707) 778-1111, 400 N McDowell, Petaluma, 94954
- Healdsburg Hospital: (707) 431-6500, 1375 University Ave., Healdsburg, 95448
- Sonoma Valley Hospital: (707) 935-5000, 347 Andrieux St., Sonoma, 95476
- Northbay Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1 (855) 587-6373
- Rape Crisis Hotline (Verity): (707) 545-7273
- Poison Control: 1 (800) 222-1222
When to use Urgent Care:
- Broken bones
- Ear infections
- Sinus infections and sore throats
- Colds and flu symptoms
- Mild asthma
- Fever or rash
- Animal bites
- Minor cuts and burns
- Work-related injuries
- Digital X-rays
When to use the Emergency Room (ER):
- Heart attack
- Severe, sudden pain
- Severe bleeding
- Severe allergic reactions
- Head injuries and other traumatic injuries
- Loss of consciousness/passing out
- Severe trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Sudden eyesight problems
(blurriness or loss of vision)
A primary care provider is your first point of contact for non-emergency and non-urgent health concerns. Your first stop for primary care should be the SRJC Student Health Services. You can make an appointment by calling (707) 527-4445. If you need to see a doctor more regularly, they can refer you to a primary care physician in your network.
To find a primary care provider in your network, visit the GeoBlue website and click the link to Find a Provider in the U.S. You will need the first three letters or numbers of your member ID in order to find a doctor or a hospital. Immunizations are not covered by GeoBlue. If you need immunizations, visit Student Health Services at SRJC for help.
Most specialty care is covered by GeoBlue. Visit Student Health Services at SRJC first to receive a referral and waiver for the required co-pay.
- Redwood Family Dermatology: (707) 545-4537, 2725 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Dermatology: (707) 542-5664, 864 2nd St, Santa Rosa
- NorCal Dermatology & Cosmetic: (707) 527-9517, 196 Wikiup Drive, Santa Rosa
SRJC Student Health Services offers reproductive health services. They can provide a referral to an outside OB/GYN if necessary.
- NCMA Women’s OB/GYN Center: (707) 579-1102, 500 Doyle Park Dr., Suite #103, Santa Rosa, 95405
- Sutter Health: (707) 541-7900, 34 Mark West Springs Road, Santa Rosa
Gastroenterology, Neurology, Orthopedists, Cardiologists and other specialty practices are covered by GeoBlue. Visit SRJC Student Health Services first to receive a referral.
Chiropractors, Acupuncture, Physical Therapy
GeoBlue insurance will cover these services with a referral from Student Health Services at SRJC.
- Soul Shine Family Chiropractic: (707) 525-9950, 440 South E Street, Santa Rosa
- Thrive Acupuncture and Wellness: (707) 527-0868, 3412 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa
For physical therapy needs, visit SRJC Student Health Services (or your Primary Care physician) first for a referral.
GeoBlue does not cover dental and vision care. Below are several low-cost options to get dental and vision services in Sonoma County.
You can find a listing of low cost dental insurance plans online. Below, we have gathered a list of local dentists who are willing to work with international students, accept the CareCredit card, and some even allow payment plans:
- Randy Nguyen, DDS: (707) 527-8700, 526 College Ave, Santa Rosa
- Santa Fe Dental Group: (707) 536-3685 ext. 1, 750 Stony Point Road, Suite A-130, Santa Rosa
- Sonoma County Smiles: (707) 542-2676 , 838 Second St, Santa Rosa
- Vineyard Dental Group: (707) 545-0944, 90-A Doctors Park Drive, Santa Rosa, 95405
- Gentle Dental Santa Rosa: (707) 629-4036, 1421 Guerneville Road, Suite #102, Santa Rosa, 95403
For Wisdom teeth issues, visit SRJC Student Health Services first.
For oral facial surgery: UCSF Dental Clinic-Parnassus has low-cost services. Call (415) 476-1891 or visit their website to book an appointment. The dental clinic is located at 707 Parnassus Avenue, Suite D-4000, San Francisco, 94143. Emergency dental care is first-come, first-serve basis.
Optometry Care is not covered by GeoBlue. Here are some places in the area with low-cost vision exams and prescription glasses or contacts:
- Costco Santa Rosa: (707) 570-2418, 1900 Santa Rosa Ave, Santa Rosa
- Target Optical: (707) 528-3876, 950 Coddingtown Center, Santa Rosa
- Walmart Vision Center: (707) 586-7948, 4625 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park
If you are having more of a medical issue with your eyes (example: blurriness, floaters, or other issues) that require an Ophthalmologist, visit SRJC Student Health Services first for a referral.
Psychological Emergency Services
- Sonoma County Mental Health Services: (707) 576-8181 or (800) 870-8786
- 24-Hour Crisis Stabilization Unit: (707) 576-8181, 2225 Challenger Way, Santa Rosa 95407
- 24-Hour Northbay Suicide Prevention Hotline: (855) 587-6373
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 or visit Facebook
SRJC Psychological Services